Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the cold.

The low in Houston tonight is expected to be somewhere between 28-30 degrees. Kinda a big deal for us southern folks! I had to use an abandoned Wal-Mart gift card to scrape the ice off of my car this morning, so I'm praying that there won't be enough moisture in the air to form ice again. I haven't felt cold like this since I lived in Springfield! It's somewhat exciting and enjoyable-only because I'm not under the weather-but Texas are invalids when it comes to driving on ice/snow. Actually, everywhere. We're terrible drivers. I'd like to exclude myself from this stereotype, however, since my horn's wire decided to disconnect from its fuse, I use frequent dirty looks, hand gestures, (nothing profane, mind you...) and roll down my window when necessary. Yeah. I said roll down the window. When an idiot truck driver takes a short cut out of a gas station into opposite traffic, blocking your right turn to go home after a 10 hour work day with food poisoning, yeah...you get desperate.

American Idol started tonight, so I was in a decent mood and kept the windows up today. However, I have to say just one thing-I AM NOT A MIND-READER!!! That pretty much sums up my day.

My List of my Top 5 College Memories:
5. Riding in Alisia's 'tank o' love!' aka her parent's van. (It had curtains.)
4. Going to Skinny because it was free and sometimes funny.
3. Hanging out with Jason, Jenn, and Matt-mostly because they're all so handsome.
2. Laughing sooo hard with Ashley that we got in trouble-alllll over air freshener!
1. My last day in Springfield, shopping with Ashley and eating Fizzoli's and Auntie Anne's.

Honorable Mention:
-Daniel almost killing me in his car.
-Shannon almost killing a motorcyclist on the way home from work at JAM...er...I mean...SCAM!
-Seeing Jess and Kate fight.
-Secret Sister parties.
-Watching people think they're really something. Self-glory is a turn off.

So, before I leave you tonight, I have to come up with some sort of inspirational phrase or quote.....

Eat more chicken???

Really...McDonalds is petitioning to use cows from South America for their beef products since America is not producing enough? There are looser laws and standards, of course, so you could quite possibly have that burger with a side of liver disease. YUMMM-O!

AND...there are talks of taxing owner's of livestock. As if they don't provide enough already! Apparently the gasses released from cows are responsible for global warning. But we'll drive our Hummers and F-350s to vote on that, dagnabit!

Does no one believe in the world coming to an end anymore? I'm all for peace and the three 'R's but really, there's only so much we can do. C'mon now...

tha-tha-tha-thattttt's all folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
nothing ever turns out right. only left.. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino